|What is the Year of Faith?
From October 2012 to November 2013, Catholics are all called to rediscover our faith, deepen our relationship with God, be joy-filled witnesses to the Risen Lord, and strengthen our commitment to sharing faith with others.
The start of the Year of Faith coincides with the 50th anniversary of the opening of the Second Vatican Council and the 20th anniversary of the promulgation of the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Why Focus on Faith?
Growing in knowledge and appreciation of our Catholic faith is a lifelong journey that begins with a first step. The experience of reflecting on Scripture, praying together, and sharing faith in a supportive small community is one of the most effective ways for adults connect faith to life.
Vatican Recommendations for the Year of Faith
- Deepen your knowledge of the Catechism of the Catholic Church by reading and studying, as well as work toward a deeper common understanding of it and create small communities of faith to give witness to the Lord Jesus
- Recognize the special role Mary has in the mystery of salvation and follow her as a model of faith and virtue
- Help people, especially youth, to discover the beauty of faith and promote encounters with meaningful witnesses to the faith
- Continuing education of the clergy
- Celebrate the liturgy, especially the Eucharist
To read more of the Vatican recommendations, click here
RENEW and the Year of Faith
Parishes and dioceses can offer the opportunity to develop this mature faith through special faith formation and spiritual renewal processes based on small community faith sharing.
Small Christian communities and faith sharing are ideal ways for adults to re-awaken their faith and evangelize others.
RENEW has many processes and resources, including a new Marian resource, to help you, your parish, and your diocese make the Year of Faith a time to awaken, deepen, and renew faith. Click here to view our Year of Faith Resources.
Connect with us on social media!
Throughout this Holy Year, we will blog, tweet, and post to facebook with topics and stories to accompany you on your faith journey.