What Church Leaders are Saying
"When the Catechism of the Catholic Church first came out, I was delighted since it is a comprehensive, up-to-date formulation of our beliefs and joys as Catholics. But I wondered how we might unpack its content for Catholics in the pews. Why Catholic? is a fine answer to my question. The material is arranged for use by small faith-sharing groups, thus enabling participants to better understand their faith and share it. The questions are thought provoking and interesting. I heartily recommend Why Catholic?"
- Most. Rev. Michael Sheehan, Archbishop of Santa Fe (NM)"Why Catholic? seeks to be an instrument for faith formation and a call to holiness. Saints in everyday life are the strength of the Church, which is always renewing itself in fidelity to the mission of Christ and in service to the needs of our society. I heartily commend this effort in making the Catechism of the Catholic Church more accessible to the faithful."
- Most Rev. John J. Myers, J.C.D., D.D., Archbishop of Newark (NJ)"I am very grateful for all that you have done to bring Why Catholic? alive in our Diocese. This program and process is really helping all of our people to understand better why they are Catholics and to live their faith in a more dynamic manner."
- Most Rev. Michael D. Pfeifer, OMI, Bishop of San Angelo (TX)
“The Why Catholic? program is well serving the needs of both Anglo and Hispanic people.”
- Most Rev. Wilton D. Gregory, Archdiocese of Atlanta (GA)"Before we made a final decision to go with Why Catholic? in our diocese, the members of our diocesan team contacted directors from other dioceses that were already doing the program. The response we got from them was very enthusiastic. There was a consensus that the quality of the RENEW staff was excellent and that the materials and input they offered was very helpful."
- Jim Kemna, Director of Religious Education, Diocese of Jefferson City (MO)
“Why Catholic? not only strengthens our Catholic faith, it also gives us the opportunity to learn the language of faith as we share faith with one another.”
- Mary Ann McLaughlin, Director, Office of Worship and Spiritual Life,
Archdiocese of Boston (MA)
“The Why Catholic? process makes pastors’ continuing faith-education responsibility easy to do.”
- Msgr. Kurt Kemo, Vicar General, Diocese of Steubenville"All parish organizations as well as small Christian communities, can be effective vehicles for evangelization and adult faith formation by using Why Catholic? Journey through the Catechism. It combines the best of faith-learning, faith-sharing, and faith-living!
- Very Rev. E. Michael Camilli, M.S.C. Director, Adult Faith Formation, Diocese of Allentown (PA)"How to Use Why Catholic?... is a great work. I especially like the detailed, step-by-step approach."
- Dan Luby, Director, Division of Christian Formation, Diocese of Fort Worth (TX)"How to Use Why Catholic? Journey through the Catechism in Your Parish is well organized. It made me feel very enthusiastic about going forward with the program."
- Pat Spiegel, Stewardship and Adult Formation Coordinator, "The benefit of Why Catholic? is that it allows the truths of the Catechism of the Catholic Church to touch the realities of everyday life. Any individual or any group who chooses to participate in this will benefit significantly from learning how to live within the context of a greater and more Catholic relationship."
St. Lawrence the Martyr Church (NY)
- Dorothy Berman, MA, Youth Director, Mt. Manresa Jesuit Retreat House